The campaign—led by youth from the world’s religions—works to engage religious leaders and believers around the world to unleash the power of multi-religious cooperation through shared action. It also reaches out to international organizations, governments, national assemblies and parliaments, municipalities, media, and all men and women of good will. Through education, mobilization and advocacy, the campaign advances shared security by working to reduce nuclear and conventional weapons and to reallocate military spending to support urgently needed development, as set forth in the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs).
Youth representing the world’s religions work together for an arms-free world and a shared future.
Youth representing the world’s religions advance common action for disarmament toward shared security.
Youth call on the world’s religious believers and all people of goodwill to:
1. Abolish nuclear weapons.
- Development of a universal Nuclear Weapons Convention.
- Adoption of measures that strengthen the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty in the 2010 Review Conference to achieve complete nuclear disarmament by 2020.
2. Stop the proliferation and misuse of conventional weapons.
- Passage of a global Arms Trade Treaty.
- Full support and implementation of the Mine Ban Treaty and the Convention on Cluster Munitions.
3. Redirect 10% of military expenditure to achieve the UN Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) by 2015.
- Reduction of arms expenditure in each state and re-allocation of those funds to support completion of the MDGs.
- Implementation of United Nations General Assembly resolutions that commit member states to disarmament and support development.
-> watch videos: