Job Description: Program and Development Consultant
The Program and Development Consultant will implement the road-map of activities, as developed by the Religions for Peace European Inter-religious Youth Network (EIYN) and the Core Team of the Religions for Peace EIYN, as outlined below. The Consultant is expected to report to the Religions for Peace Associate Director for Youth and Network Coordination and to the Core Group of EIYN.
This Program and Development Consultant will be expected to work for two days per week, for the period of six months.
As Program and Development Consultant for the Religions for Peace EIYN, there are three core functions to your position:
1. Proposal Writing and Fundraising
- Write proposals and apply for grants to build, equip and strengthen the network.
- Research potential funders.
2. Religions for Peace EIYN Coordination
- Facilitate the sharing of information and communication within the Network.
- Expand the network and knowledge database.
- Maintain and develop relations with youth organizations in the respective faith communities and with non-religious youth networks.
- Develop strategies and support actions to mainstream youth networks into national, regional and global Religions for Peace structures.
- Develop the website.
3. Preparing for the next Religions for Peace EIYN Meeting in 2010
- Fundraise for the meeting.
- Assist the Core Team in agenda setting, identifying invitees, and coordinating meeting logistics.
- 1-3 years experience in an international organization with affiliates and/or field offices.
- Excellent written and oral communication, as well as interpersonal skills.
- Advanced skills in proposal writing, fund-raising and coordination.
- Skills in working with multi-cultural and multi-religious communities around the world.
- Knowledge of religious communities and the public role of religions in international affairs.
- Advanced computer skills
- A Masters degree preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the personnel.
Please email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to the Core Group of EIYN at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: October 30, 2009